Monday, February 8, 2010

A little backstory

Before I get ahead of myself, I will share a little about our history and how we got to today. I titled this blog, "as we go along" to document our journey to concieve and dealing with infertility and now to document our pregnancy with our first son Dillon. Also to document parenting,marriage , and life in general. My name is Catherine and I met my husband, Kevin in 04 we were married in 05 and started trying to get pregnant back in 06 and never knew we would be embarking on one of the longest journeys of our lives. We tried naturally, infertility meds, 2 iuis one resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the other a bfn. We decided to ttc naturally and ended up concieving while using progesterone cream and instead cups. We found out September 12th that we were pregnant with number one and due on May 20, 2010. We could not be happier.
Here is a list of things I have recorded so far
Beta #1 at 15dpo: 314 Beta #2 at 6wks 4 days 21,000

9/12: First bfp with answer brand
9/14: First and only beta result of 314 So pregnant!!
9/16: Dropped my college classes for the next quarter in order to focus on the pregnancy
6week 4 days Healthy heartbeat that we got to hear and see through u/s
8week u/s all looked good so we were released to a regular dr
We choose a midwife that delivers at the hospital we would like to deliver and set up a 12 week appt. Went in for 12 week appt and all looked good with the baby and with me, basically got to know the midwife but didn't have much time with her. Scheduled our next appt for 16weeks and all looked good at that appt. Next appt was set for 20 weeks and we would be able to find out the gender. Went in for appt and the tech didn't even have the u/s wand on my stomach good and I could see it was a boy. So we decided before the u/s it would be Kylie for a girl and Dillon for a boy so Dillon it is.
23 weeks: Got a crib
24 weeks: Went to appt all is good with Dillon and I
We are waiting on our 28 week appt which is 2/24 which will include the gestational diabetes test

No comments:

Post a Comment