Thursday, May 26, 2011

A balancing act

As I was getting ready this morning, I saw some text on the front of, "Parents" magazine that said something along the lines of, keep your marraige alive. I started thinking back over this past year and how marraige is such a private topic. Especially problems in your marraige, its like where all scared we might end up on the cover of people's magazine. Now I am not saying we should not have degrees of modesty when it comes to our own personal relationships but I wonder how many couples have thrown in the towel because they thought imperfections equals failure. Imperfections happen to be the key to relationships, working through them. Maybe for some time imperfections stay at bay but usually only for a short time. Many people told me that usually the first year of marraige is the hardest, ha not for us, to me this past year our first year with a child has been the hardest but also one of the best. I think marraige mirrors our spirtual relationship with God as he uses our hurts and pitfalls to refine us. Our hard times in marraige call us to refine our relationship with each other and examine our priorities. The reason why parenthood has been our hardest era is because it calls for a balance of priorities, for us to keep our spouses first and children second. A parent child bond is so strong it makes love in general hard to master .   More to come in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment