Saturday, April 27, 2013

Approaching Home Preschool

In about a month Dillon will be turning three years old. He receives speech therapy each week in our home. He has delayed speech and possibly apraxia of speech. He also has sensory processing disorder. I am trying to preschool him instead of sending him to preschool. I plan on documenting his preschool journey in hopes it will help others in the future who plan to preschool a child with sensory issue or with speech delays.Bare with me as I learn to navigate teaching with challenges. I also have a nine month old little girl who will require some of my attention.In teaching I also plan to incorporate the practical things and lessons we see in our everyday activites. We already mimic some routines practiced at your typical preschool,
-lunch followed by a nap
-learning to potty
-reading
-recreation and play.
Next post will highlight some info about apraxia and spd.

No comments:

Post a Comment