Friday, March 5, 2010

Time for an update, last week I had my gestastional diabetes test and twenty-eight week appointment. They called us back one by one so they could do a group of testing at one time. The doctors and nurses were standing around talking since it was early in the day and most of the patients weren't there yet. We walked passed the docs each one of us looking doomed oh but we march on. Chug on some nasty drink with enough sugar to keep every kid from here to california up all night. Kevin and I went back into the room to wait on the midwife for our appt. We ended up waiting for along time due to the midwife being at a delivery. The hour passed and the lab nurse came in to prick my finger for the gd test. Midwife came in a little later and said I failed the one hour glucose test, I was not very happy about this. Basically I would have to go to a local lab and do the three hour glucose test and confirm whether or not I have gestestional diabetes. Dillon's heartrate was good and everything was fine except I am measuring a little small. The midwife said that if I still measure small at the next appt they will do an ultrasound to check on things. That was that and now I go every two weeks so next appt scheduled for March 10th. Kevin and I were both starving afterward and went to eat at Longhorns it was no nice to sit and relax togather. I wanted to order the Bradley book for us to read to prepare for the birth so we were able to go to the bookstore and get that done. I feel like I have a mental checklist and I walk around trying to cross things off my list and May is coming up fast. Uneventful is the way to describe the rest of the week. I cleaned the soon to be nursery and prepared it for painting and we started painting on Saturday. We rode in to get another gallon of paint near the afternoon because one gallon was simply not enough. I fixed dinner while Kevin finished the painting. Even though we were exhausted we enjoyed a nice dinner togather and sat around for the rest of the evening. It took some bribing because Kevin was in a lazy mood on Sunday but we ended up getting to church. I don't blame him I was feeling lazy also but really would like to try to go to church on a more regular basis than a couple Sundays a month.

Another Week has come and I was up early on Monday in order to go do the 3hour test. So not looking foward to getting stuck 4 times. We got the test started around 8:15 one needle stick down three to go and chug the nasty orange drink again. I survived and found out on Tuesday afternoon that I passed the test I was so relieved. Grocery shopping on Thursday and relaxing today. Not to much on going on this weekend, I want to go to church which is first Sunday of the month and first Sunday lunch. I bought blueberries the other week so I would like to make some type of blueberry dessert for Sunday. I plan to find a recipe and hope to share it with you later.

Also I will do a picture post and post some pics of the painted nursery even though it is not completely painted.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for passing the GD test! Enjoy the dinners you share now because once Dillon is here then a quiet dinner is never the same! LOL!

    ReplyDelete